Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completing the minor in English, students will be able to demonstrate:
1. Competence in literary analysis.
2. Understanding of literature in relation to its historical and socio-cultural contexts.
3. Critical writing, reading, and oral communication skills in projects of varying lengths, genres, and media.
Students pursuing the minor in English must complete:
- A minimum of 6 courses (18 credit hours) to satisfy minor requirements
- A minimum of 3 courses (9 credit hours) taken at the 300-level or above
- A maximum of 2 courses (6 credit hours) from study abroad or transfer credit. Any requests for such transfer credits will be considered on a case-by-case basis by the director of undergraduate studies.
Please visit the registrar's General Announcements site for complete information.
Interested students can reach out to the director of undergraduate studies for more information or to declare the minor.